Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One little cupcake coming right up!

A few months ago, my life took a surprising turn…I found out I was pregnant.

After getting over the initial shock, the reality of the situation began to sink in. I was finally going to be a Mommy. After burying those dreams late last year, my dream was finally coming to pass.

I’ll never forget seeing my little one at my first ultrasound appointment. He or she looked like a little shrimp. I then wondered if I would be able to eat shrimp during my pregnancy. 

After my appointment, I headed straight to the grocery store and bought a bag of shrimp to have with my dinner that night. Thank God I was able to keep it down. I then nicknamed my little one “Baby Shrimp”.

After going for my second ultrasound appointment at 8 weeks, I couldn’t help but cry. His or her tiny head was forming. His or her tiny arms and legs were beginning to sprout.

At the end of my 15 weeks, my pregnancy became more real when I felt that first kick and saw that tiny foot make an imprint on my tummy. All those fears of my Baby Shrimp not being alive quickly vanished.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for choosing me to carry this child. This has been an amazing experience thus far (minus the sleepless nights and back pain). I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world.

He or she has already been a blessing in my life and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for him…or her.

Only 2,688 more hours to go until this little cupcake is finished baking!


Feel free to share this post on your favourite Social Media Networks.

When you get a chance, please visit my friend Tyrone’s blog. His posts are insightful and very thought provoking. See his blog here.

Thanks for reading and keep smiling :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment