Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Pastor, My Friend

With Father’s Day on Sunday, I thought it would be fitting to pay tribute to my Spiritual Father – Pastor Audley Castro.

I’ve known Pastor for the past 23 years. I didn’t get to know him until I started attending the Apostolic Pentecostal Church (APC) in 2005.

I have never had a Pastor who cares so much for his congregation. He is always putting the needs of others –whether it’s the saints or the community – before his own.

He is always willing to give his last dime towards anything Kingdom related.

Once you get to know him, I think you would agree with me when I say he’s one of the most down to earth men around.

On a more personal note, next to my Dad, Pastor Castro is my biggest supporter. No matter what idea I’ve come to him with, he has always jumped on board with me while offering to help in any way he can.

No matter how many times I’ve messed up, Pastor has never judged me or talked down to me. He has always taken the time to pray with me while giving me a scripture or two to mediate on.

He has always encouraged me to be the best person I can be, to always put my trust in God and to keep on smiling.

This past Sunday, Pastor spoke about how we can be difference makers in the lives of others. One thing he said that stood out to me was, "In order to be a difference maker, you must have an interest and passion for what you're doing". 

Pastor Castro is the biggest difference maker I know. He takes his role of Pastor very seriously. 

Like I mentioned earlier, Pastor has a deep love for the saints of APC and the community. He wants nothing more than to see every soul that enters our church doors saved. 

While many Pastors today are preaching about prosperity, Pastor continues to preach on how one can be saved and enter the Kingdom of God.

While many Pastors today are lowering their standards just so that they can keep their church members, Pastor continues to preach Holiness.

My prayer is that God will continue to use Pastor Castro and that He will continue to bless him and his family.

Happy Fathers Day to the best Pastor in the whole entire world!


What do you love the most about your Pastor?

Feel free to share this post on your favourite Social Media Networks.

When you get a chance, please visit my friend Tyrone’s blog. His posts are insightful and very thought provoking. See his blog here.


Thanks for reading and keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment