Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Prince or Princess: It's Time to Reveal

I always dreamed that my firstborn would be a boy. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I started calling our Baby Shrimp by the name we had chosen for him.

Three weeks before I was to find out, I had a feeling that I was having a girl. I knew we would be disappointed at first but we would love her just the same. My Mother always said as long as the baby is healthy, has ten fingers and ten toes, that’s all that matters.

Tuesday, September 1st was the big day. As soon as I walked into the Sonographer’s office, she asked me what I was hoping for. I told her a boy but my gut feeling was telling me that it was a girl.

Forty-five minutes later, she kept her eyes on the screen and asked, “Do you still want to know what you’re having?”

Three weeks later I had some of my family and friends over for our gender reveal party. 


The vote was a close one. Six people voted for a boy and five voted for a girl. 

As the clock struck 7, one of my girlfriends said that there was no way that I would have a gender reveal party if I was having a girl.

Well, those who voted for a boy were…WRONG! We’re having a Princess and we couldn’t be happier.


Special thanks to my girlfriends Charlette, Amanda, Jordana and Lisa for helping me organize this party.  A BIG thank you to Jordana for taking such memorable photos.

Only 2, 184 more hours to go until I meet my Princess.

Feel free to share this post on your favourite Social Media Networks.

When you get a chance, please visit my friend Tyrone’s blog. His posts are insightful and very thought provoking. See his blog here.


Thanks for reading and keep smiling :) 

1 comment: