Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Focus, Consistency & Change

The first month of the year is almost over. That means a lot of the resolutions or goals people set for the new year will soon be forgotten. 

Not me. I’ve been meaning to share my words for the year for the past month but just couldn’t get around to it.

December 2015, I  came across this exercise of choosing one word to live by for an entire year. 

My word for last year was positivity. Despite the many challenges I faced, I kept a smile on my face and kept the spirit of positivity alive.

This year I’ve chosen three words:

Focus

I’m a little bit of a scatter brain. I always come up with these great project ideas, start and take forever to finish. Or, sometimes I just have too many projects on the go and lose focus. Or, I’ll set a finish date for one and end up making excuses as to why I can’t finish it, extend the finish date and it still doesn't get done. 

Well,  enough is enough. Not this year. I’ve already taken baby steps with simple projects and now I'm ready to move on to my bigger projects. I'm excited for all that I will accomplish this year all because I’m going to focus on one thing at a time. 

Consistency

There’s a few things I want to be consistent with this year. Being on time for my appointments (yes, I still struggle with this), cleanliness (no, my house isn’t a pigsty but I’m not a stickler about my house being dust free 24/7) and being consistent with my savings.

Change

This one was a debate because I absolutely hate change. I won’t be mentioning the changes I would like to see at this time. Instead I'll be praying about them because only God can answer my prayers.

Even though it’s the end of the month,  it’s not too late to pick your word (s) for the year. Join me and let’s make 2017 the best year yet!

Feel free to share this post on your favourite Social Media Networks.

Thanks for reading and keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment